Thursday, August 14, 2008

thats what friends are for

It is tough being a friend sometimes because since young no one really teaches us how to be a friend. Is a friend one who remains supportive throughout any decisions, be it good or bad, right or wrong.. or is a friend one who stands up strong and says "NO! That is just so WRONG!!"? Tell me, in cases like that.. who is the better friend? or rather, who is the friend?

I hate such dilemmas, and i hate putting my friends through such dilemmas too. I guess the hard part is when you know that you will be happier if you were told to follow your heart.. and more often than not, even with or without friend's approval or consent, once you have decided on something, your friends opinions are more of a justification for you. And if friends suggest otherwise, you know that they will end up saying that "it is ultimately your choice". And so, asking your friend's advice is really quite redundant.. and deep down, we all just want our friends to support us, even if we are all aware that it may be the wrong decision.

I've searched for the definition of "friend" and rarely do I see people defining "friend" to be a person who gives good advices or morally right advices to one another. Instead what I see are words such as "support","get along", which again accentuates my point. heh.

So my friends out there, thanks for all your support all these times. Thanks for standing by me although I've made many wrong and bad decisions in my life. Thanks for accepting me for who I really am.. and for telling me "by right I should advise you not to, but just do whatever makes you happy". And seriously. that really makes me happier ..haha. so dear friends, thanks for making me happy!

No comments: